Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bilingual Stay at Home mom looking for IP's

This is what I have written at a surrogate profile I have online (Update,  May 27, 2015: That website was shut down.)

My husband and I have been together since 1992. We have three boys who are 13, 10 and 3 years old. I practice homebirthing, long term breastfeeding, attachment parenting, co-sleeping and homeschooling.

I have lived in Puerto Rico all my life, only going to the US to visit family, but as you can see I am bilingual. I read, write and speak spanish and english.

I am very open minded, good listener, more honest than I should be for my own good, eclectic, different, dance to my own beat kind of gal.

I've been researching surrogacy since my last child was about 8 months old, but still feel like a newbie :) So I'm hoping to learn a lot through this website, and maybe one day find a couple I can help even though I don't live in the US.

We are home owners. I have home birthed twice, and feel very passionate about natural birthing. I am open to birthing at the Intended Parents (IP's) home or a birthing center near their home. I am open to travel, and maybe even relocating if I found a family I clicked with and I got to know their extended family.

I have family members and a few good friends scattered in various states around the US, so the Intended Parents could end up saving quite a bit, for let's say, hotel stays.

Of course, I would prefer birthing in my own home in PR because I have my family here, and my midwife, and they are a great support for me, but the laws concerning surrogacy would have to be thoroughly researched. There are no laws in PR concerning surrogacy, even though Surrogacy is not unheard off. There was a woman who helped her own daughter have her baby and it was covered by the local news. There is also a lawyer in PR who has experience in egg donation, so it could be a possibility.

Otherwise, I welcome my IP's to be as involved with the pregnancy as distance will allow, and of course, I am completely open to them being at the birth of their child! I would actually love to have Intended Parents who could be close because it is so important for the unborn child to listen to the voice of their parents to be. Research shows that the unborn child learns to recognize the voice of it's mother, or in this case, the woman who carries him/her. So as you can imagine, this is of the utmost importance for the future parents. Even though, with recent technology, the possibilities of keeping in contact are endless!

While I consider my base fee to be on the lower side of what is considered the "average" for a 1st time surrogate, I still understand that this might still be too high for many couples. Nonetheless, please feel free to ask me about this without feeling like I might start to hound you, and if you feel inclined to give me a suggestion or maybe tell me what is the amount you can offer, then by all means go right ahead!

You can ask me without any compromise, any and all questions you might have. I will not be offended if what you are willing to offer is less than what I am willing to take. I am not only here to become a surrogate, but to make friends along the way :)

I understand many have wasted their hard earned savings in all this process, and are disillusioned, tired, scared and strapped financially. While I am open to negotiation, and I am sure my heart is in the right place, my husband, my family members and other surrogate friends have advised me to not take this lightly.

As I am sure you all understand, this is a huge physical undertaking that takes about 10+ months out of our lives, plus all the months of getting to know each other, medical testing, contracts, etc.

Of course, I welcome the opportunity to help a couple build the family they so dream off, and as always, am ready for the challenge of conceiving, pregnancy and birth!


Sincerely,
Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment